Let's Get Weird! My Favorite Beauty Tricks
Who doesn’t like a little beauty shortcut or DIY project to save you some dough? Here are 10 (little bit) unusual but super easy, breezy, beauty tips and tricks that I’ve come across and tried along the way.
- DRY HAIR? 1 cup of mayonnaise at room temperature, ½ cup of olive oil, 3 egg yolks - wrap hair in a plastic shower cap and leave in for 20 minutes and wash out.
- DULL HAIR? Let your hair have a drink…of BEER - Yeast and hops add volume while the acidity helps remove built-up product residue while adding beautiful shine.
- DRY ELBOWS AND/OR FEET? Diaper rash cream has the perfect moisturizers and anti-inflammatory ingredients to repair, repair, repair.
- PESKY PIMPLE? Dabbing a bit of toothpaste on a pimple overnight is an age old trick. If you have a little more time, making a paste out of a crushed Aspirin and some water also works wonders on a zit that won’t quit.
- NEED TO DRY YOUR MANI IN MINUTES? Dip your fingers in a bowl of cold water for 3-4 minutes. They’ll be dry in no time.
- NO MAKE-UP REMOVER? Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the best substitute. Removes all types of make-up and is a great natural moisturizer.
- NEED TO MEND A BROKEN NAIL? Cut a small piece of a tea bag the size of the nail tear and secure it with nail glue. File off any excess, apply a base coat and TADA! Nail band-aid complete. (My favorite trick.)
- FAKE A FULL NIGHT’S REST? Tired eyes are a dead give away of a night out. Line your water line with a beige or even gold eyeliner to open up the eye. Stay away from white liners - keep it natural. Follow up with concealer and voilà!
- FORGOT YOUR MAKE-UP BAG? So you have concealer and lipstick. Conceal any dark spots and blemishes, then take that lipstick to your face for some multitasking. Dab some on your lipstick on the apples of your cheeks and on your lips as usual.
- RAN OUT OF SHAVING CREAM? Pump some conditioner onto those legs and get a silky, smooth shave.